Tuesday, May 17, 2011

My Kitchen!

I found a website that has a plan to organize your kitchen in 5 hours. (See Organize Your Life page for the link) The basic plan is...

Hour 1: get rid of old unused food and stuff,
Hour 2: Clean out cupboards,
Hour 3: Put things where you need them,
Hour 4: Use counter space wisely,
Hour 5: Label the inside of your cupboards.

I definately spent 5 hours in my kitchen, but I did all that stuff to one cupboard at a time, except I haven't labeled anything...Overkill???

Before I show you my before and after pictures, I have some disclaimers. First, my kitchen is small and hard to work with.  Second, we have a crazy corner cupboard that no human being could reach the back of. Third, a lot of our space is wide open with no doors. Fourth, we have these crazy shallow cupboards that the first owners added in. Fifth, I added more food to some cupboards once I made space so it looks even worse to me! Here we go!

Corner Cupboards Before:

Corner Cupboards Cleaned out...Step 2:

Corner Cupboards After (added food)
Cupboards in Entry Before:
Cupboards in Entry After (what's the differrence???)
Fridge Area Before:
Fridge Area After (Mostly the top is like heaven!!):
Wall Space Before:

Wall Space After:

Our Bitsy Counter Space as Cleared as it Can Get!:



There it is...5 hours later. Now, do I need labels? Maybe for the hubby.  Do I need more containers? Maybe for my sanity...I just like them! What room next? Not sure...






No comments:

Post a Comment