Tuesday, April 19, 2011

What was I doing before?

She looks well to ways of her household, and does not eat the bread of idleness. Proverbs 31:27

My mom has told me my entire life to, "make lists of what you need to do. Then you can check it off as you do it and it feels good!". Because I will start on one thing and get distracted and never go back to it!! Or, "why don't you write yourself a note to remind you?" Because I will put it somewhere and never look at it!!! My excuse was that I was too disorganized to be organized...

I'm not so much messy-disorganized as time-management-disorganized, so when I finally decided to make some schedules for my life, it was a much needed improvement. (see my Organize Your Life page to view schedules) At first, when I saw my monthly chore calendar, I was like, what??? That's it?!?! No work on the weekends, and only one chore per day the other 5 days. I can handle that:). Within the first week I noticed some positives and negatives to my daily schedule. Positives: I wasn't buried in 7 loads of laundry every weekend, I had a good, quality chunk of time with my sweet, beautiful 2 year old, and I wasn't going to bed after midnight. Negatives: I am still very tired, as I am basically working from 6am to 9pm Monday thru Thursday, I noticed there are a couple more chores I had to add to my list, and I still don't feel like I have enough time with my hubby:(

At the end of the day, I know I just need to get used to it, tweak it as I go, and it will just become my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment